Monday, June 20, 2011

Fox Run 14 Inch x 15.5 Inch Pizza Stone Review

Fox Run 14 Inch x 15.5 Inch Pizza Stone
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Keep in mind - you are buying a piece a clay! I had another "stone" that cracked after only a few uses. It cost much more.
I doubt any "stone" is immune from this problem. My previous "stone" cracked in the oven after being brought up to temperature quite slowly. In short - I treated it kindly.
I bought this "stone" solely because it was cheap and I recommend it because on the first five uses - it didn't crack. That is far better than the last one (which cost much more).
I doubt there is any technology that will make these CLAY "stones" consistently reliable - it is a toss of the dice. Some will last - others won't - even if they are all from the same manufacturer.
My suggestion is to buy cheap and this one was cheap (and included free shipping) when I purchased it.
You are buying a piece a clay and not a "stone" as the name (incorrectly) implies. The word "stone" is quite misleading.
I'd go so far as to suggest that you look for ANY "pizza stone" which is low cost. Prices change daily on Amazon and while this "stone" was the cheapest one available when I made my purchase that may no longer be true when you read this.
One last piece of advice - look at the size ---- some of these "stones" are quite small. For most ovens --- a size of 15" or 16" (square) works perfectly and will fit into any conventional oven. It is far better to have too large a "stone" than one which is too small


Click Here to see more reviews about: Fox Run 14 Inch x 15.5 Inch Pizza Stone

This 14 Inch x 15.5 Inch Pizza Stone will help distribute the heat evenly to the pizza or whatever else is in the oven. By its nature, the stone also absorbs moisture for a crisp crust.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Fox Run 14 Inch x 15.5 Inch Pizza Stone

0 comments:

Post a Comment