Monday, May 23, 2011

Wilton Mini Embossed Heart Pan Mold ~ 6 Cavity Review

Wilton Mini Embossed Heart Pan Mold ~ 6 Cavity
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I bought two of these pans, because I thought they would be so cute to use for showers and Valentine's Day. I under-estimated how much more time it takes to decorate 12 little cakes, compared to one 12-inch cake.
Since I chose to ice the cakes in buttercream, the embossed effect was lost completely. Even the heart-shape appeared slightly triangular from a distance, since the cavity is so small. I tried several different borders and designs with the frosting, but couldn't find one that worked for me.
If you were making chocolate cakes and sprinkling them with powdered sugar, or topping with berries, these cakes would look beautiful.
If you want to use icing, and you're a novice decorator still struggling to get your icing perfectly smooth, I would pass on this pan, since the simplest, barest design would probably look best. Also, if you already have a regular mini heart pan and plan to frost your cakes, they will work just as well as this embossed pattern pan. Another thing I didn't consider when I bought the pan is that the embossed design means it takes much longer to wash each groove--which matters more and more if you want to make lots of these little cakes and only own one pan.
One final thought--I also tried the mini locomotive pans for Jello treats, and even though we tried a number of techniques, including a light non-stick spray, we could not get the trains to release from the pan. Maybe my family is just inadequate here, and maybe the mini hearts are easier than trains, but if you want to use this pan with Jello, I hope you have better luck than we did.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Wilton Mini Embossed Heart Pan Mold ~ 6 Cavity

Beautiful scalloped shape with a raised center to decorate with fruit or whipped cream. One mix makes 12-15 cakes. Each heart is 3 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 1 1/4 inches deep. Aluminum pan makes 6 cakes at one time.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Wilton Mini Embossed Heart Pan Mold ~ 6 Cavity

0 comments:

Post a Comment